The Things I Absolutely Hate about the United States
RT Cunningham - July 16, 2015
“Hate” is such a strong word. Perhaps “greatly dislike” would be more correct, but I don’t think so. I think “hate” is exactly what I mean. There are things that I don’t hate, like specific people and specific ways that some people think. No, the hate I express is for most things related to government and government interference in the United States. I won’t even go so far as to say it’s isolated to the federal government. Each of the 50 states endorse things I will never be a party to unless it’s done without my approval.
The List of Things I Hate
Here is a list of things I hate, in no particular order. I’m writing this list as I think about it. Don’t worry, it shouldn’t be long.
- Obamacare (Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act). I especially hate that the federal government wasted more than a billion dollars (I don’t know the exact dollar figure) on a website I could have done myself in far less time and for less than five figures (I’m cheap labor).
- Government Secrecy. The government is employed by the public. Therefore, the public has the right to know about any deals the government intends to make before it makes them.
- Welfare without Restrictions. Welfare is supposed to give a leg up for those who really need it. Only a small percentage of those who receive it are entitled to it.
- Campaign Contributions. If any person wants to serve the people, they should do it on their own merits.
- Government-Sanctioned Planned Parenthood (abortions). Life starts at conception. Abortion is murder. No bureaucrat has the right to decide when a person is actually a person.
- Lobbyists and Special Interest Groups. They do not have any of my interests in mind. They probably don’t have any of yours either.
- Automobiles. They’re a necessary evil but I hate the way it’s the second largest purchase a person can make after a house.
- Oil Companies. Price-fixing and manipulating bastards. They blame all of their woes on foreign oil. We’ve been using oil for more than a hundred years, yet the technology to replace it as a fuel source has been around for at least 50.
- Social Security Tampering. Social security is a paid benefit. It’s not a government handout. If it’s insolvent, it’s because it’s being mismanaged. People who’ve paid into it (an automatic payroll deduction) deserve to be compensated for the years they had to live without that money.
- Government Waste. The United States federal government takes in trillions of dollars per year though various taxes and fees. The accounting of that money is so bad, millions of dollars have gone missing, more likely billions and possibly trillions.
- The Liberal/Socialist Mentality. Need I say more?
- Politically Correct Speech. Say what you mean and mean what you say.
- Mandated Gun-Free Zones. Don’t take self-defense away from those who need it the most.
I have Every Right to Hate
I lived in the United States for 45 years of my life (I’m approaching the age of 55). I spent 20 of those years as an active duty United States Marine. I spent another 10 in the Fleet Marine Corps Reserve. The paperwork I received at the 30-year mark says that Congress still owns my ass.
I receive a retirement pension. It isn’t as much as an active duty marine would get, if he retired today, due to the financial wranglings of Congress over the years. By the time I can receive social security payments, it might all even out.
Although I’m an expatriate, I’m still a patriot. If I’m ever called back to serve my country in any capacity, I will do so as long as I am still medically qualified.
This List will Probably be Updated
I’m sure I’ll think of other things I hate. I’ll be sure to add them to the list above as I think of them. I’ll be happy to clarify any particular item if I’m asked to do so.
Tags: hate, united states
Previous and Next Articles (if any):
Please read some of my more important pages if you have the time: