It defaults to “/amp” but it can be changed. The theme is basic and doesn’t include a lot of things, but there are ways to get what you need added to it.
The original example looked like this:
<amp-ad width=300 height=200 type="adsense" data-ad-client="ca-pub-xxxxxxxxxxxx" data-ad-slot="xxxxxxxx"> </amp-ad>
The problem with that example is that the height should be either “50” (for a 300-wide mobile banner) or “250” (for a 300-wide rectangle). The top ad on the page should be a mobile banner and the others can be rectangular banners. Apparently, someone else noticed and offered another example with the 250 height.
Responsive ads would be better but Google doesn’t support them for AMP yet. Some mobile device screens are as small as 240 pixels wide and some are as large as 800 pixels wide (profile, not landscape).
I want to say “AMP pages” but it’s redundant. It stands for “Accelerated Mobile Pages”. Anyway…
It’s really early in the game. It takes a bit of work to get this going. I haven’t figured out how to cache the new versions of my pages yet.
I’m sure I could write a few functions to replace portions of strings and change my caching routines to cache the pages as both “https://www.example.net/this-is-a-post/” and “https://www.example.net/this-is-a-post/amp”, but I’m not in a hurry to do so. I’m planning to turn my site into a static site before I do anything else.
All I can say at this point is “one step at a time”. That is, when I decide to start working with them. I tested them when the plugin first came out and I didn’t like the way the Google Search Console kept reporting errors. I’d fix them and then new errors would show up. Lather, rinse, repeat.
I want to wait until the project is more mature (perhaps longer). The things pending on the roadmap should be enough to cause anyone to want to wait.
Previous and Next Articles (if any):
Please read some of my more important pages if you have the time: